Welcome to Track Killers®, a service provided by Track Killers Music Group (“Track Killers”, “we” “our”, “us”).
- Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices with respect to your information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using Track Killers® and other sites and services to which you connect your Track Killers® account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Track Killers® account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of Track Killers® account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook and don’t give your permission to share it with Track Killers) and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address and payment verification information.
- Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Track Killers® – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. For more information, see the Choice and Control section below.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, offline listening or downloading tracks, uploading or recording tracks, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a sound with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. GPS) when using Track Killers Apps,
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your Track Killers® account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide other users with data regarding people's listening behavior of their sounds, i.e. streaming and downloading their sounds or playlists or following their profiles.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Track Killers also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the Choice and Control section, below.
- If you are a Facebook or Google+ user, and one of your Facebook or Google+ friends registers for a Track Killers® account, we may let your friends who already are on Track Killers know that you joined or will suggest to your Facebook or Google+ friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on Track Killers.
- If you are a Facebook or Google+ user and sign up using Facebook or Google+ , we may also use the information we receive about you from Facebook or Google to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on Track Killers®. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Track Killers® and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- Other users: Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public sounds, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you listen to any sounds uploaded by a pro user, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that pro user as well as that you are following that pro user now, so that they can track the popularity of their sounds. Similarly, if you comment on any sounds on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Users of our API: Track Killers has an open API, which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Platform into exciting new apps. Any information that you choose to make public on the Platform, including your public profile information and any public sounds, may be accessible to these developers. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to publish on your profile. For information on how to limit the information that is available over the API, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Track Killers® account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post or listen to on Track Killers® or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your Track Killers® account in order to upload and download sounds, or comment on, favorite or repost sounds from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information, plus access to your private sounds. Track Killers is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that your share, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- Advertisers may use third party services to ensure their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. We allow these services to collect and use the information for such purposes.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Track Killers® community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Track Killers, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Ads displayed to you are in some cases provided by third parties. These may and as far as allowed by your settings or your device, use information about your visit and interaction with the Platform in order to show you personalized ads of products and services that may be of interest to you. Personal information such as your name or email address will not be shared with these.
Choice and Control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a Track Killers® account, you can control your information in some ways.
Sharing with other users
If any of your sounds contain any personal data or any other information which you would not like to share, you can control who has access to these sounds using the settings in the upload page. By setting your sounds to “private”, rather than “public”, you can limit who has access to your sounds.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the sounds that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those sounds, will be deleted and will not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your Track Killers® account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Track Killers control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Please note that deleting any Track Killers® Apps, or any third party apps to which your Track Killers® account is connected, will not delete your Track Killers® account. If you wish to delete your account, you will need to do so from the "My Account" tab when signed in from the Website.
Access to your data
As described above, most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your Track Killers® account.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
Track Killers® is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com